Waratah Public School Preschool is committed to environmentally sustainable practices. We have developed a philosophy which outlines this commitment and the practices that we promote.
Environmental Sustainability Philosophy
We encourage families to donate materials for craft, including newspaper for preparing garden beds and boxes for collage.
Children are engaged daily in the following sustainability activities;
- Worm Farm - produces fertiliser for our vegetable gardens
- Energy and Water saving
- Paper Recycling. This is a whole-school approach
- Re-using packaging such as yoghurt containers
- Separating waste into rubbish, recycle and compost/worm farm
- Reducing packaging in lunch boxes
- Loose parts play - We welcome donations of materials for the children to construct (cardboard boxes, PVC pipes, tubing, tyres, scrap wood etc.)